New to the community!

lww

Hello Everyone,

As I stated, I am new to the community and looking to use the Cmod7 on a project. So far so good. Vivado is a pretty powerful interface! My questions is: When programming this board, how do I store it in the onboard flash? Every time, I cycle the power on the board, I lose my project. I know, it's a newbie thing, but I'm stuck.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Plus any video and or book recommendations would be great.

Lowell

Hey Lowell, welcome to the forums!

Storing your project in flash can differ depending on what kind of project it is. Are you using Microblaze, and if so, are you using external memory (as in, not the on-chip BRAM)?

If not-MicroBlaze, there are some steps presented in this reference page that should be helpful: https://digilent.com/reference/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/cmod-a7-programming-guide/start

The screenshots are fairly old, but the process used to flash the board should largely remain the same in even the newest versions of Vivado.

Thanks,

Arthur

Hey Arthur,

I really appreciate  your response. This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! Like I say, I am pretty new and I haven't attempted anything with the Microblaze yet. Super stoked about the technology though! Thanks again!

Even though I'm running Vivado 2022.2, the tutorial was easy to follow and translate. I created a new program and followed right along but when I cycled the power, my program did not load. In fact, the factory default program shipped with my Cmod, is now gone as well. Not quite sure where to go from here.

Hmmm, Newbie challenges, LOL

Strangely - When I fired up my CMod7 this morning, the program started right up. Why it didn't work before - I have no idea! However, it does seem to have worked. Thank you for the tutorial! I really appreciate your time.

Lowell