Configuring SSR boards through InstaCal

Kevin C

Question

I have 3 digital I/O boards (USB-SSR24 and USB-SSR08) setup in daisy chain.  I am using InstaCal to configure them and I can see the 3 boards.  But further getting into each board, I only see banks of 4 channels in groups, but not able to control or test each individual I/O.

Am I doing something wrong here?  What do I need to do in order to have InstaCal recognizing all 36 I/O (24+8+8), like I normally see in, for example, USB-1024?  My goal is to control each of the digital I/O channel through LabView.

Thanks,

Kevin

5 answers to this question

Hello @Kevin C.

Please provide a screen capture of InstaCal, with your three USB-SSRxx devices connected.

From what you posted, it appears that InstaCal does detect all three devices and just may not be designed to support testing all the I/O's in your daisy chain configuration.  Please close InstaCal and launch your LabVIEW VI to test all the digital I/O's.

Report back with detailed description and screen capture(s) if LabVIEW cannot detect all of the digital I/O's.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello Fausto,

I am now with 2 boards in the system, as one of them is taken out for development.

I see both boards in InstaCal as follows:

image.png.ec8a9339bda5cea150855e84b0d08524.png

Going into each board for configuration, I see this:

image.png.93594a16eeae8d184334a087670e46c2.png

However, the options are grey out.  Is there for me to test each I/O channel (there are 24 channels with this board) inside InstaCal?

Thanks,

Kevin