Deploy "Set as Startup" to bbb

cjb

Question

If I choose set as startup or run as startup, my web server application doesn't start upon reboot of the bbb.  Should it be possible?

After attempting this, the project can no longer connect to the target until I reinstall the lvrt-schroot from the linx target configuration panel.

Also, FYI, the target cannot be restarted from the project, I have to do it from a terminal connected to the bbb.

(LabVIEW Professional 2014)

8 answers to this question

Yes, the web service was enabled before the build and deployment.

Steps to illustrate the issue:

Restored the debian image.  Then installed version 14.1-11 from the Linx target configuration panel.

Started LV 2014 and opened the project (attached).  Ran main.vi in vi mode on the host pc.  It deployed successfully and ran without issues. 

Stopped the vi, closed labview and rebooted the bbb from the terminal.

Start labview and the project.  Ran the main.vi in vi mode again on the host. It deployed successfully but then immediately disconnected.  Every attempt after this point to run the vi failed with a conflict message of "Failed to the connect to the target".

Reinstalled 14.1-11 as before,  and vi mode runs fine as before.

Stopped the main.vi. Enabled the web service on port 8002 in the RT build spec, built the application.  Selected "Set as Startup" and deployed.  Web access failed on 192.168.0.12:8002/ws/main.html so I don't know if it is running.

Started the web service under the target in the project and was told the Debug Web Service Launched -  "the web service is now running on the debug server.  You can connect to this web service on port 8001."  Now a browser can connect to ...:8001/ws/main.html.  Port 8002 still does not work.

Closed labview.  Rebooted the bbb.  No response on either port 8001 or 8002.  Started labview and tried to connect to the target in the project. Failed with the same message above.  Could not redeploy the RT application - failed to connect.

Seems like two issues:  deploying an RT application and getting vi mode working after a reboot.  Am I alone seeing these things? 

Best Regards.

code.zip

I'm using 192.168.0.12, over ethernet.  The usb (192.168.7.2) method breaks my win 7 64-bit pc's ability to go to sleep (BSOD).

The microSD card is 32GB and the image used is Debian 8.4 2016-5-13 4GB SD LXQT.

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem and I sent the question to some of the people more familiar with the BBB and they weren't sure why you would have this problem. I apologize that we haven't been able to help you out. The only thing I can think of is reflashing your MicroSD and running through the Linx target configuration process again. When you did it the first time did it show that it was repartitioning your MicroSD?

Archived