MCC USB-1208HS-4AO not working anymore

Giuseppeciccone

Question

Hello,

I have been using the cited model (USB-1208HS-4AO) to output analog voltage and I programmed it using a Labview interface.

Things worked fine for a bit, but now my MCC box gives some negative voltage in all the analog pins even if I just connect it to the usb. Also, if I try to use my Labview program to write on the buffer, it does not work and still keeps giving  the same output.

When I write to the buffer, the activity LED is blinking but still does not give the desired result.

By default, even if it is outputting this negative voltage, the activity LED is not flashing.

It has happened to two devices already.

I did all the tests on instacal and the device passes them, which is weird.

I tried to upload a new firmware, but it does not solve the issue (1.07 now).

Any idea out to make a factory reset of this, or how to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Giuseppe

3 answers to this question

Hello @Giuseppeciccone.

You stated that you have two USB-1208HS-4AO modules with an analog output subsystem issue.  Did you change any hardware wiring or LabVIEW code prior to recognizing this issue?

Please try using InstaCal or DAQami to read the analog output signal via an analog input channel.

With your USB-1208HS-4AO module connected to the target Windows system, open InstaCal.  Select your board and then select 'Test' from InstaCal's main menu, followed by 'Analog'. 

image.png

Physically connect a wire from your board's analog output channel 0 (AOUT0) to analog input channel 0 (Ch 0).  In the 'Analog Loop Back Test', select 'AOUT0' as the Signal Source and 'Ch 0' as the Input Ch.  Do you see the expected waveform?

image.png

If still unsuccessful outputting a correct voltage signal, then please reply with both serial numbers to determine if they are within the warranty period.  Unfortunately, this model daq is not repairable, nor is there a factory reset.

Regards,

Fausto

image.png

Hello @Giuseppeciccone.

Unfortunately, I have some bad news.  Your serial number dates back to a ship date in April 2020, so it is out of warranty.  Additionally, as I mentioned previously, these devices are not repairable.  

Please use the following link to check stock availability or contact your local distributor.

https://digilent.com/shop/mcc-usb-1208hs-4ao-high-speed-usb-daq-device/

Regards,

Fausto