USB-1024LS configuration failed

Oana Grigore

Question

Hello! I have an old USB-1024 that was never been used. Now I would like to count a TTL signal and I want to configure it in order to use the device with LabView. I have installed InstaCal which recognize my bord (see picture InstaCal_1) but when I tried to configure it, I couldn't  see the channels (picture InstaCal_config). My LabView program does not recognize the device. Otherwise, if I add a demo board, in InstaCal, I can configures the channels and also see them in my Labview program.

Could you, please, tell what to do?

InstaCal_1.png

InstaCal_config.png

4 answers to this question

Hello @Oana Grigore.

The USB-1024LS module has one event counter channel, which increments when the TTL levels transition from low to high.

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-1024LS.pdf

Which versions of LabVIEW, InstaCal, and ULx for NI LabVIEW are you using? (Note: MCC's ULx for NI LabVIEW software is not yet supported in LabVIEW 2022.)

After configuring your device in InstaCal, you should close InstaCal before launching LabVIEW.

Examples are provided with MCC's ULx for NI LabVIEW software, in the 'C:\...\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2021\examples\ULx\Counter' folder.

image.png

Since this device only has an event counter, open the 'Count Digital Events.llb' file and select the 'ULx Count Digital Events.vi' example.  Note that the counter input channel will not measure a TTL input frequency, only count the number of low to high transition events.

image.png

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Dear Fausto,

Thank you for your reply. My problem is that I can not configure the USB-1024 using InstaCal.

I have LabView2019 and I have installed InstaCal for Windows version 6.73 as well as ULx  for NI LabVIEW. 

I did exactly what you told me and the 'ULx Count Digital Events.vi' after compilation returned the error ”specified channel that not exist on the device” (see the picture).

Could you please help me with configuration of the device in order to be recognized by LabView?

Best regards,

Oana

Channel_error.png