Ethernet Connection not recognized on DT8874 DAQ

worthenks

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello @worthenks.

Please provide additional information regarding the last time the DT8874 was successfully used and what has changed since then.  

Is the DT8874 connected directly to a host PC or to a local area network?

Was the DT8874 configured with a static IP?

Has the IP subnet changed?

Would you be willing to press the (factory) reset button on the backside and then connect the DT8874 directly to the host PC?

Which software were you using?

User's Manual:  https://www.mccdaq.com/PDFs/Manuals/UMMeasurement-LXI.pdf

Regards,

Fausto

Is the DT8874 connected directly to a host PC or to a local area network?  Direct 

Was the DT8874 configured with a static IP? Yes

Has the IP subnet changed? No

Would you be willing to press the (factory) reset button on the backside and then connect the DT8874 directly to the host PC? Yes, I just tried this and had no luck either, the LAN indicator light on the front still is red.  I switched the PC IP address to 169.xxx etc to match the reset IP, no luck.  

Which software were you using? Enerchron

Please let me know how to proceed, thanks. Still hoping we can send it in for maintenance

Hello @worthenks.

Which version of Windows OS is the host PC running?

What is the serial number listed on the white label beneath the unit (not the MAC address on the backside sticker)?

Remove the static IP from your host PC.  Connect the DT8874 directly to the PC and power the unit.  Perform a factory reset on the DT8874.  Afterwards, launch the Eureka Discovery Utility, which is installed with the MEASURpoint software.  The Eureka software should reside in the '..\Data Translation\Instrument Support\Eureka LXI Instrument Discovery'.  Once open, press the 'Find LXI Devices' button.  Does the application find your DT8874?

image.png

Hi Fausto,

I am with the Naval Warfare Center in Crane, Indiana and one of our senior engineers gave me your email to contact about three 8824s and one 8874 I have that were unfortunately plugged into a 12V power supply instead of the standard 5V power supply that came with them.  The “power” light comes on and flashes and the Ethernet lights flash, but they are being recognized at all by our systems. 

We’ve tried multiple different stations, with no luck.  I am hoping to get a quote from you for evaluation and maintenance.  Below are the DAQs affected:

DT8824-HV SN: 00686077

DT8874-080008 SN: 1EA2F80

DT8824-LV SN: 1642130126

DT8824-LV SN: 1F039FA

We will gladly pay a fee to expedite this process as this has put us in quite a bind and please include shipping as our logistics people require it added.  Please let me know if you need any additional information and thank you in advance.

Edited by Fausto
removed contact info

Hello @worthenks.

I will get back to you regarding 'DT8874-08T-00R-08V SN: 1EA2F80' and 'DT8824-LV SN: 1F039FA'.  Unfortunately, we are unable to service 'DT8824-HV SN: 00686077' and 'DT8824-LV SN: 1642130126'.

In the meantime, as I mentioned in an earlier post above, please remove the static IP from your host PC.  Connect the DT88x4 directly to the PC and power the unit with the +5 V power supply.  Perform a factory reset on the DT88x4.  Afterwards, launch the Eureka Discovery Utility, which is installed with the MEASURpoint software.  The Eureka software should reside in the '..\Data Translation\Instrument Support\Eureka LXI Instrument Discovery'.  Once open, press the 'Find LXI Devices' button.  Does the application find your DT88x4?  Any luck recognizing the device(s)?

Regards,

Fausto

Yes, we did already try re-setting and checking with Eureka.  No luck.  Vit asked if we could get the wiring schematics for the two that are no longer serviceable to see if we could give them to our refit lab to troubleshoot.  Please let me know when you have some info on the other two DAQs and thanks,