USB-2416 Thermocouple and Voltage Input Reading Issues

daq_daq

Question

Hi,

I have mcdaq USB-2416 and for some reason my DAQ is not reading T-type thermocouples and voltage input from a flow meter. I have followed all the guidelines mentioned in the user manual. But, still no luck. Please help me to figure this out. 

5 answers to this question

Hello @daq_daq.

Has you setup worked in the past or is this a new application?

What versions of Windows and InstaCal are you using?

Which software are you using for measurements?

Please reply with screen captures of the device's configuration in InstaCal, as well as images of your wiring connections.

Regards,

Fausto

In InstaCal, right click on the device and select 'Configure'.  Then, click on the 'Analog-In Channels' tab to configure each channel as either a voltage or thermocouple type.  For thermocouples, set the data rate to 60 Hz; see below.

image.png

With the USB-2416 device still powered, connected to the USB port, and InstaCal closed, launch DAQami.  On the first popup window 'Getting Started', select 'New Configuration'.  On the next popup, select 'Automatic'.  Your screen should be similar to the following capture.

image.png

In the upper left-hand corner, click on the third icon to view the 'Configuration Panel'.

image.png

Click on the 'Channels' tab.  Select one channel at a time to configure its settings; see below.

image.png

You can make however many channels 'active' and set to their type.  What are your channel settings?