E-1608 UL error No DAQ Devices Found

skalafut

Question

Hello, I'm running a Debian 9.13 (stretch) distribution in a WSL and I'm trying test the DAQ device before connecting it to the industrial computer it will be controlled by, which is also a Debian based distribution. The mcculw/InstaCal combination works perfectly fine, but when I go to use the Linux uldaq python examples in my WSL, I always get the following error.

image.png.b4a4bdb9097b7461e875bbcc5bd9b9df.png

Is this a quirk of the WSL or is there some step I've skipped over with the installation of the UL for Linux libraries? Thanks!

Edited by skalafut

3 answers to this question

Hello @skalafut.

I tested an E-1608 with a Raspberry Pi 4B module running Debian v11 (bullseye).  Both devices were on the same subnet; not a direct connection.  Was your Windows system and E-1608 on the same subnet?  What was the IP of your Windows OS system versus the WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux)?  MCC never tested uldaq that way (i.e. virtual OS) and has no plans to do so. 

Using the unmodified 'a_in.py' uldaq example, the E-1608 device was found and data was acquired.  Did you use the original 'a_in.py' uldaq example or a modified version?

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @skalafut.

We are unable to support you with WSL.  However, what is the IP address of your Windows environment and the IP address of the E-1608 device?  You can find the IP address for the E-1608 device in InstaCal.  Open the device's Board Configuration window and then click on the 'Network Settings' tab.  There you will find the IPv4 Address.  Are the first three bytes of both IP addresses the same?  You will need to set the WSL IP address to have the same first three bytes each time you start the WSL, if that's even allowed by the WSL.

Regards,

Fausto