HDMI Demo does not want to start up

GillianDB

Question

Hello,

I tried to setup and start the HDMI example from Digilent.  

https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/zybo-z7/demos/hdmi?redirect=1

Therefor I use Vitis 2022.1. 

I also use the ZYBO Z7 board to make this project work.

After going through all the steps, I got an error that a location was not found.

I solved this error by going through the Apply fix for Vitis 2020.1 bug.

After this I did all the other steps, but I keep getting this error after I tried running it (the last step)

"Memory write error at 0x10D000. MMU section translation fault."

All the hdmi cables, the power supply and the micro usb to pc are well connected.

I hope someone could help me out and solve this problem?

Error_message.png

Edited by GillianDB
a small error

1 answer to this question

Hi @GillianDB,

I downloaded both the Zybo Z7-10 and Zybo Z7-20 2022.1 releases for the first time today and was able to successfully get them up both up and running in Vitis 2022.1 without issues.

Which Zybo Z7 version do you have and after you have built the application project, do you get any other problems or notifications in the Problems tab (usually at the bottom of the Vitis screen)?

The MMU section translation fault error is usually related to a boot issue (the board is trying to boot from a different region than expected) at least based on this Xilinx forum thread: https://support.xilinx.com/s/question/0D52E00006hpQ4KSAU/vitis-mmu-section-translation-fault?language=en_US. I was able to replicate a very similar error to what you had by having the JP5 jumper set to QSPI rather than JTAG. After powering off the board, switching the jumper back to JTAG, and then turning on the board and relaunching the project, the MMU section translation fault error went away.

Let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,
JColvin