Dvi2rgb to Axi4stream video and vice versa

kouroshkarimi

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi @kouroshkarimi,

I'm not certain if you are following a particular tutorial, but it looks like a number of clock enables and other lines are not connected on a number of different IP blocks which I doubt helps your situation.

What I would recommend doing would be to use the existing Arty Z7-20 HDMI projects (Output and Input demos) whose Block Designs should also build and work for the Pynq Z1 (as the Pynq Z1 is nearly identical to the Arty Z7-20 hardware, and as such can use the same board files); the hardware designs for these projects also use the AXI4 to Video IPs and should give you a good reference point to work off of.

Thanks,
JColvin

On 8/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @kouroshkarimi,

I'm not certain if you are following a particular tutorial, but it looks like a number of clock enables and other lines are not connected on a number of different IP blocks which I doubt helps your situation.

What I would recommend doing would be to use the existing Arty Z7-20 HDMI projects (Output and Input demos) whose Block Designs should also build and work for the Pynq Z1 (as the Pynq Z1 is nearly identical to the Arty Z7-20 hardware, and as such can use the same board files); the hardware designs for these projects also use the AXI4 to Video IPs and should give you a good reference point to work off of.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks for your reply. i work with Arty example hdmi in but i got error in write channel. the line i got error is here. XAxiVdma_DmaSetBufferAddr return XST_INVALID_PARAM.

can you help me about that? what is the problem?

dma.PNG

Hi @kouroshkarimi,

Are you working with the Pynq Z1 or the Pynq Z2? What version of Vivado/Vitis/SDK are you using?

I tested a fresh download Arty Z7-20 HDMI In project (Arty Z7-10 will not work) for Vitis 2020.1 and after ensuring that the platform was targeting the correct file location and the linkerscript was updated (described under the Using the Latest Release dropdown in the guides I linked), the project was successfully able to build and run on the Pynq Z1 (aside from the 1080p portion not working for this project at this point in time as noted in the guide).

The error you are getting is indicative of an incorrect platform being used so it is not pulling in the correct xparameters.h file so it does not know the correct address range for the buffer.

Thanks,
JColvin