340-002-1

BDO

Hi @BDO,

I will have to ask to see if there are any official ratings from the manufacturer as Digilent did not directly manufacture the actual breadboards present on this part number; it may be a few days until I get a response as the Digilent employee I normally contact for these sort of questions is out of office until next week.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @BDO,

I heard back earlier than I expected.

I was informed that the breadboard in question is a Wisher Enterprise WBU-206 and that based on the information that their website provides, the breadboard was able to handle 48 Volts at 5 Amps.

Of course, as this is a solderless breadboard with hundreds of different tie points, there is no realistic (or at least economical) way to ensure that each and every contact point is able to handle the manufacturer's listed power rating (nor do I know how long that level of power was applied to the contact points, though to be fair it seems that a number of breadboard manufacturers do not list the length of time either), so I would interpret the rating as a maximum value and would personally use a lower rating in practice.

Thanks,
JColvin