New Analog Discovery 2 and Ubuntu

Dwayne

Question

Hello, my wife just bought me an Analog Discovery 2 for my birthday, and am attempting to set it up in Ubuntu.  I am running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit on an Intel i7, and installed Adept runtime 2.16.5 x86 64-bit, Adept utilities 2.2.1 x86 64 and WaveForms 3.3.5 x86 64-bit.

When I launch WaveForms it does not detect the device.  When I run dadutil  enum it states no devices found, but lsusb shows:

Bus 003 Device 099: ID 0403:6014 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232H Single HS USB-UART/FIFO IC

There is allot of information on setting up in Windows, but I have been unable to locate much in regards to Linux.  Are there any resources for using the Adept utilities, WaveForms and setting up in Linux?

Dwayne

5 answers to this question

Hello,

1. Please try to reboot and reconnect the device.

Did you have Adept Runtime installed from targz or have some Xilinx tools installed earlier ?
This could be in conflict with the DRB/RPM runtime installation.

2. Try reinstalling the Adept Runtime and rebooting/reconnecting.

3. Uninstall it and try with the targz setup.

attila,

I tried rebooting and reconnecting, no luck.  I had no previous version installed.  I initially installed the tar files for Adept, the utilities and waveforms rpm.  I then read a forum post that the tar files may not install properly, and to try the deb or rpm files.  So I then tried the rpm files, but there was no script for installing them.  I copied the files into their respective folders.

I have tried to uninstall it all, but do not know if I have located all of the files.  I will try reinstalling,

Archived