Getting one sample when trigger happens and display it until the next trigger

ManonH

Question

Hi,

I'm using WaveForms with an ADP3450 for my internchip project. For this project, I need to read an analog input data (that changes very quicly) when the clock I'm using is rising (as a trigger), but only one value (one sample) and then display it in continue the rest of the clock period. And then restart to get the analogIn value when the clock is rising, and display this value for the rest of the clock period, etc.

I tried different things to get this but I didn't succeed, as the Scope starts reading in continue after the trigger happens, or as it only display one sample and doesn't display the value it gets when the trigger happens until the next trigger.

I'm not really sure if it's possible, I didn't see anything about this, but if it is, how do I do this ?

I hope my questions are clear enough. Thanks for helping !

5 answers to this question

@attila

I tried it because I saw people mentioning it, but I don't get want I want... I don't now if I'm using it correctly so! 

I'll take another look at it tomorrow, I'll let you know if I succeed. Thank you! 

@attila

Indeed the sampling clock works for what I want to do, however the Scope links the samples together rather than stepping the measured value, is it possible to change this? I didn't see a parameter to do this but.

Thank you !