Connect 2 or more cameras to Genesys Zu. board

vcb1

Question

Hi,

First of all sorry if this question is not in the right forum.

I am paning to by the Genesys ZU: Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC Development Board in order to prototype an image processing system, which will contain several cameras (at least 2 but potentially more).

I see that the board has 2 Mipi connections which assume allows to connect 2 cameras like this ones (https://digilent.com/shop/pcam-5c-5-mp-fixed-focus-color-camera-module/).

Is it possible to use another cameras as soon as they have mipi conection?

Moreover i see that there is an apter (FMC Pcam Adapter) to connect up to 4 cameras. However the web page says: "The FMC Pcam Adapter is compatible with Digilent's ZedBoard, Nexys Video, Genesys 2, and NetFPGA-1G-CML". Means this that is not compatible with the Genesys ZU? Is there a way to have such a connector for the Genesys ZU?

Many thanks in advance!

Victor

4 answers to this question

Means this that is not compatible with the Genesys ZU? Is there a way to have such a connector for the Genesys ZU?

The FMC Pcam Adapter is not compatible with any UltraScale+ FPGAs, so any board that has such an FPGA not just the Genesys-ZU variants.

And yes, any MIPI camera should work. 

10 minutes ago, thinkthinkthink said:

The FMC Pcam Adapter is not compatible with any UltraScale+ FPGAs, so any board that has such an FPGA not just the Genesys-ZU variants.

And yes, any MIPI camera should work. 

thanks for the fast answer.

Is there another similar adpater to work with more than 2 cameras in the Genesys ZU board?

On the other hand, i asume that i can work at least with the two MIPI interfaces in the Genesys ZU board.

1 hour ago, elodg said:

Correction: FMC Pcam Adapter offers limited compatibility on ZU+, like the Genesys ZU. At least one camera out of four can always be mapped to any pin-out. Full info here: https://digilent.com/reference/add-ons/fmc-pcam-adapter/reference-manual?redirect=1#fpga_io_architecture_compatibility.

Yes, this is in addition to the two MIPI ports on-board.

Good news then. This will allow us to have 3 cameras simultaneously.

Thanks!