Analog Discovery 2 Waveform on Raspberrypi 4

Gokhan

Question

Hi,

Which version of the adept.runtime and digilent.waveform works on  Raspberry pi 4 (RP4)? I am not able to run the latest versions on RP4. Waveform can not find the analog discovery 2 (AD2) device. I would like to point out that I installed waveform on computer with a linux 18.04 OS. It works fine with linux 18.04, however the same does not goes with RP4. Can you help me about the problem?

RP4 OS (Raspbian) properties:

Release date: January 28th 2022

System: 32-bit

Kernel version: 5.10

Debian version: 11 (bullseye)

5 answers to this question

Hi @Gokhan

I've just installed Raspberry PI OS (2022-01-28) and it is working for me.

sudo dpkg -i digilent.adept.runtime_2.26.1-armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i digilent.waveforms_beta_3.18.19_armhf.deb # the 3.18.1 should also work
sudo apt -f install # this to install dependencies

If the AD2 is not detected you could use lsusb to see if the device is detected (FTDI) or run the following to see listings in different layers of libraries:
python /usr/share/digilent/waveforms/samples/py/Enumerate.py

Try to reinstall adept.runtime to setup the udev rules which may be reset by OS update.

Hi @attila

I have reinstalled digilent.adept.runtime_2.26.1 and digilent.waveforms_beta_3.18.19. I tried the device in both USB2.0 and USB3.0. However, it still did not work out. I looked at the USB devices. Digilent discovery 2 does not showed up even if I reinstalled the digilent.adept.runtime? What can be the problem?

12 minutes ago, Gokhan said:

Hi @attila

I have reinstalled digilent.adept.runtime_2.26.1 and digilent.waveforms_beta_3.18.19. I tried the device in both USB2.0 and USB3.0. However, it still did not work out. I looked at the USB devices. Digilent discovery 2 does not showed up even if I reinstalled the digilent.adept.runtime? What can be the problem?

After I run the python Enumerate.py, the results are as follows :

FTDI Version : 0x10424

Devices : 0

DMGR Version: b'2.11.3'

Devices: 0

DWF Version: b'3.18.19'

Devices: 0

Hi @Gokhan

Does the lsusb detect FTDI device ?

Try using powered USB hub.

With the generic FTDI USB-ID other apps/services could take control over the device blocking access with adept/WF. This is why the udev rules are needed.
You could try to change the USB-ID to report "Digilent" VID/PID instead of "FTDI":
On you PC where the device is detected, open WF/ Device Manager/ "My device is not listed", connect AD2, press Find, (make sure Device: is the AD2 if you have multiple FTDI devices connected); select Vendor:Digilent, Program; try it with RPI4

image.png.49cdf336c20d8f3f18f626f0cace7999.png