SDIO Through EMIO

tahoe250

Question

We are using the first SDIO through the PS for booting Linux that works fine.  Now, we are attempting to utilize the second SDIO through EMIO and use it for mass storage and access it through linux. Is there any examples out there which show how to wire up an SDIO through EMIO for an SD card interface.  I am having such a hard time with this.

I have enabled the second SDIO in the Zynq at 25 Mhz I also put a system ILA to monitor the signals.  With assistance from the following 

forums from xilinx:

https://support.xilinx.com/s/question/0D52E00006hptVuSAI/leave-ports-unconnected-in-constraints-file?language=en_US

I use a module to filter out signals that are not needed.  The system ILA shows no activity at all no clock, cmd and no data.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

I am currently using a Xilinx Zynq 7030 device  with Vivado.

1 answer to this question

Can you share a schematic diagram including the connections of the SDIO port to the external IO Pads of the FPGA?

According to my experience, you need to provide a correct input to the feedback clock of the SDIO port (if you have not already done so).

If this is the case, you can use the SDIO output clock as the input to the feedback clock.