CMOD A7 Bootloader for SDK

RichardV

Question

Hello. I have seen the Cmod A7 tutorial that stores the .bit file to QSPI for boot from powerup, but this doesn't store an application program like "Hello World". 

It's actually a 2 stage process for the Zynq; one needs a First Stage Bootloader (FSBL) and a Second Stage Bootloader finishes the job. But I'm using the Microblaze on the Cmod A7 and this process is not so easy. 

I've tried using a tutorial using for another Artix 7 device (Nexsys, link below), but I failed when trying to adapt it to the Cmod A7. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd be grateful for the advice. 

Thank you, Richard V

https://digilent.com/reference/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/htsspisf/start

3 answers to this question

Hi @RichardV, I'm just working on this board and on a design that have:

- MicroBlaze

- UART Lite

-Interrupt controller connected to the MicroBlaze in order to handle the UART by interrupt

- Some GPIO input and output managed from the MicroBlaze

- Some RTL logic written in VHDL with some line interfaced to GPIO of the MicroBlaze

This design will act as a base to start in developing with MicroBlaze and this very nice evaluation board from Digilent.

Actually I've written a post on some things about this design, if you like we can work together to write a full tuturial, step by step, I hink that can be useful for better understand how to proceed and give a general starting point for other design.

Post link: my post link

Cheers!

Hello Byteman. Yes, I'd like to perfect this tutorial for the Cmod-A7: https://digilent.com/reference/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/htsspisf/start

I think my HDL code is loading, but I can't get it to run my SDK application code to load from bootup. I'd very much like to work with you.

What's a good way to give you my information without making it public?

Best regards, Richard V