Fourth of July -- Digilent US offices closed ×

Read Analog Discovery Compensation Values?

Resul

Question

Hello,

I want to learn compensation values (open resistance, open reactance, short resistance and short reactance) of a compensation action. How can see these values? Trace export contains probe resistance and reactance values. There is no data about compensation values. I need them to verify my design. 

There is a python script named as "AnalogImpedance_Compensation.py". I reviewed this script. But, This script does calculate resistance and reactance values according to single frequency and single resistor value. How can enhance the script to grab same compensation values like WaveForms does it with multiple frequencies and multiple resistors.  

Could you guide me? I realized that each application restart reset compensation values. So, it requires a new compensation action. But, I can retrieve same compensation values if I save the workspace. So, saved workspace contains previous compensation values in it. How can reach them? 

Regards,

Resul 

1 answer to this question

Hi @Resul

In the application the values can be accessed from Script, stored separately for various setups DutFirst(Adapter), ResFirst, Differential and analyzer or meter mode (Mtr)
The compensation values are stored in workspaces/projects.

In custom app/script you can use loops to measure open/short comp values for multiple frequency steps (like it is in AnalogImpedance_Analyzer.py), store these values and use later for normal measurements.

image.png.0e0447062c4ce9b2bcbb5155c341d5ac.png