Arty A7: Artix-7 FPGA Development Board Restocking Soon?

Hello guys,

My name is Antonio Lapeyrolerie. I am a rising senior at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts. I am referencing Jim Ledin's Architecting High-Performance Embedded Systems in addition to getting up to speed with circuit design and C/C++ with the end goal of  getting professional-level hands-on experience with embedded systems. In order to do one of the projects, I need an Arty A7: Artix-7 FPGA Development Board, but Diligent says that they are currently out of stock. Do you guys have any information on when this line of development boards will be restocked in the states?

Thanks for your help! You can also reach out to me via call or text at 832-544-7247.

Looking forward to hearing back!

Hi @Antonio Lapeyrolerie,

I reached out to the Digilent Sales team and unfortunately, we do not have any clear details on when the Arty A7 100T will be back in stock; if I did I would share them with you. However, it does look like the Arty A7 35T (store page link) is currently in stock, so if that is what you are looking for, I would recommend working on buying one soon since I would not be surprised if it also suffers from stocking issues due to lack of different components.

Kudos to 2020 and it's aftermath and corporate panic buying across all industries for making everybody's lives difficult for many more months to come.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Antonio Lapeyrolerie,

We don't have a great ballpark guess outside of not for a few months. I haven't gone through the material in the book specifically, but glancing through the examples provided by the author on their Github, https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Architecting-High-Performance-Embedded-Systems, I think the Arty A7 35T could be sufficient.

An easy way (and probably the best way) to check though would be to see if you can generate bitstreams for the FPGA projects mentioned in the book inside of Vivado  and Vitis when you have the 35T selected before purchasing the board; if the bitstream is successfully generated and Vitis can successfully build the project, then it should work on the 35T architecture without issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin