Connected uC Lab problems with Debug

wanaride

Question

I am participating in the Connected uC Lab and am attempting to use PICkit3 debugger and chipKIT WiFire board per instructions in Lab 2, "Software Basics".  I'm using MPLAB X IDE v3.30.

Lab 1 "Introduction" was successful with no problems, but Lab 2 isn't yet working.  The project will build, compile, and download to the chipKIT board properly.  However, when I click the icon for "Debug Main Project" I receive two strange messages:

Target Device ID (0x720e053) does not match expected Device ID (0x510e053)

and...

Failed to program device

When I go back and try to "Debug Main Project" with Lab 1, I get the same messages.  Any tips on where to start troubleshooting this?  

4 answers to this question

Thanks for trying to help Larry, I appreciate it! 

I verified my board has PIC32MZ2048EFG100.  I went into Project Properties and changed device to the correct one, clicked "Apply", then clicked "OK".  I see "...EFG100" in Dashboard > Device.  Now when I build the project I get "Build Failed" message so I don't even get to the Debug failure.  The output message window indicates the UPLLEN bit has an unknown value:

/********************************/

configuration_bits.c:56:9: error: unknown configuration setting: 'UPLLEN'
 #pragma config UPLLEN   = OFF            // USB PLL Enable (USB PLL is disabled) 

/*********************************/

When I switch Project Properties > Device back to "ECM100" I don't get this error message.  Can you think of anything else I can try?

Archived