Problems with sample Zmod SDK project for USB104 A7

0xFRED

Question

I'm trying to use the ZmodADC and ZmodDAC with the Digilent USB104 A7. I'm hitting the same problem with both SDK projects, after very carefully following the supplied instructions. I'm using Windows 10 and Vivado/SDK 2019.1.

When I run the project the main entry point does not get hit. Setting "Stop at program entry" shows that ZMODADC1410:setCalibValues or ZMODDAC1411::getSignedRawFromVolt is hit on entry rather than main. I don't believe either are called from their respective constuctors.

I had no problems with the DSPI demo (obviously using Vitis 2020.1). I had no problems with the Zmods on an Eclypse Z7.

1 answer to this question

I'm answering my own question in case anyone else has the same problem. I suspect that the problem is with the pre-generated bitstream in the /FPGA/sdk_workspace folder.

If you recreate the bitstream and export the hardware in the usual Vivado/SDK way then it works. Of course, you'll need to ignore the instructions in the readme that specifically tell you to launch the Xilinx SDK separately from Vivado and use the hardware platform provided.

Archived