Please Help "Error Connecting to the Digilent Agent. Please Make Sure the Digilent Agent is Running"

Hi,

I have been unsuccessfully trying to connect my new OpenScopeMZ to my laptop and keep getting the error message "Error Connecting to Digilent Agent. Please Make Sure the Digilent Agent is Running" every time I try to add the device from WaveForms Live. My computer makes noise and recognizes that a device is plugged into the USB port but that is as far as it goes.

I am using Windows 10 Pro, version: 1903, OS build: 18362.1016 on a Microsoft Surface Book 2.

I have tried, fully uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the timeout timer up to 20 seconds, and running the Digilent Agent in various safe modes including Windows 8.

I have gotten OpenScope to connect with another older PC, updated the firmware, and been successful at creating waveforms. However it has not fixed the issue with my computer.

img2.PNG

img1.PNG

img3.PNG

I recently purchased an open scope MZ as well and I'm having similar problems. There are a few differences though... First, my computer does not make any sound when the scope is plugged in through USB. I've tried several working USBs yet it's always the same result. I've also tried a different (windows 8 ) computer and it does the same thing.

Second, my scope gets extremely hot after only a minute of being plugged in?? I have put it in bootloader mode and tried flashing the software onto it yet it still doesn't show up in waveforms. 

My computer is a Lenovo yoga if that helps and the older computer is a windows hp with windows 8 ...

image.thumb.png.104f2d257ad63ad7fdf4d90df958ea36.png

Hi @tatertots,

When your computer recognizes that the OpenScope MZ is plugged via the noise, does the OpenScope MZ show up as a COM Port (Device Manager, Ports drop down)?

Could you also enable the console output in WaveForms Live before trying to connect to the device. Hopefully this will let us see if there is something happening internally. You can do this by going into the Settings page, opening the Advanced section and clicking on Change Console Log. Set this to Console, then open the developer tools for your browser. For Chrome and Firefox this is Ctrl+Shft+i. You will then need to click on the Console tab to see the output. The commands and their responses, plus some other additional information will be printed in the console here as you use WaveForms Live to configure the OpenScope.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Science guy,

If it's getting extremely hot while idling, then that's usually the sign of a failed power regulator or some other problem.

To clarify though, were you able to successfully flash firmware onto it as you indicated? It also looks like on WaveFormsLive that it detects a COM port. Do you have something else connected to your computer that would count as a COM port? You can see what devices are connected as COM ports by looking in the Device Manager in the Ports drop down section.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived