FPGA board with spec

dchandra439

I am looking for a FPGA board with the below spec. 

1)  8/12 (ideal) Digital IO support at VCC 1.8v 

2)   5 Digital IO support at VCC 1.8v/3.3v 

3)   IO toggle rate of 26 to ~78MHz

4)  on the connections/cables

a) JTAG cable connectivity

b) from FPGA board to EVB 10pin connector with part number "PBC05DAAN"

Hi @dchandra439,

Digilent has a mix of those features on our boards, though not necessarily all at the same time. There are three questions that I have regarding your specifications:

1) Do your digital I/O pins at the different voltages all need to conform to the connector with the 2.54 mm pitch spacing?

2) For the JTAG cable connectivity, are you looking directly for a 2x7 JTAG header with the 2.00 mm pitch spacing, a small 6-pin header with the TMS, TDI, etc pins, or just the ability to load a bitstream from a host computer?

3) What logic standard is the digital IO at 1.8V and 3.3V conforming to? CMOS? TMDS? Something else?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

>>1) Do your digital I/O pins at the different voltages all need to conform to the connector with the 2.54 mm pitch spacing?

Not necessary. If some pins available on PMOD is also fine.

>>2) For the JTAG cable connectivity, are you looking directly for a 2x7 JTAG header with the 2.00 mm pitch spacing, a small 6-pin header with the TMS, TDI, etc pins, or just the ability to load a bitstream from a host computer?

Yes, I am looking for a 2x7 jtag header.

>>3) What logic standard is the digital IO at 1.8V and 3.3V conforming to? CMOS? TMDS? Something else?

CMOS

Hi @dchandra439,

The only board that Digilent has with the 2x7 JTAG header is the Zedboard: https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/programmable-logic/zedboard/start.

With regards to the voltage options on the Zedboard, the only way to get 1.8V logic of any kind would be through the LPC FMC header and setting the corresponding VADJ jumper to 1.8V. The FMC header provides 68 single-ended I/O (which can be configured as 34 differential pairs), though you would need an adapter to have them conform to the 2.54 mm pitch spacing.

However, the Zedboard (and the other Digilent boards) do not have a header containing 10 I/O pins with a 2.54 mm pitch; all of our Pmod headers only have 8 I/O pins matching that pitch spacing.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived