Board for project

Siddharth

I am a student. Me and my friends are working on spartan 6 fpga based digital circuit for torque vectoring. I wish to use the fpga for PWM motor control. Also we need the fpga to make some calculations for which variables will be fed using hall effect sensors. Can you suggest me a board for the same. I am considering 

1.Nexys 3 Spartan-6 FPGA Trainer Board 

2.Atlys Spartan-6 FPGA Trainer Board 

WE ARE CONSIDERING USING OTHER FPGA'S TOO LIKE ARTIX AND VIRTEX. SINCE WE ARE BEGINNERS WE ARE CONSIDERING CHEAP AND EASY TO HANDLE OPTIONS.

I wish to give the board 3 digital inputs. make calculations based on it and control current of two BLDC motors.

While I can't speak for Digilent, I personally think your requirements are much too generic.  Were I Digilent, I wouldn't know where to start or how to respond to your question.  The Spartan 6 on a CMod-S6 (~$70) can certainly handle "3 digital inputs, make calculations based on it and control" (via a PWM) a single audio output using a Cmod-S6.  (Why not two PWM's?  Because I only needed one for my project.)  You can take a look at what I'm up to at opencores.  While the project I'm working is *quite* limited, and may not ever come close to meeting your real requirements, it can certainly handle 3-digital inputs, make calculations based upon them, and then control a PWM output.  If you wanted two PWM outputs, you might need to remove some unneeded circuitry--such as the UART, the keypad, or even the internal ICAPE interface, but the project would still meet your needs.  On the other hand, if you needed to process your loop so that the delay was less than 250 ns, then I wouldn't bother looking at this project at all.

Yours,

Dan

Hi Siddharth,

I responded to your other post here which just had the first half of this particular thread. But I agree with Dan, we will need a little more information before we are able to help you with your question. What do you mean by 3 digital inputs? Are these hall effect sensors providing feedback or other I/O that you would be providing to the board to perform calculations on?

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived