tutorial for beginners to export openlogger to .csv

I'm looking at buying an openlogger to use as a portable data logger. The problem is that it does not to be straightforward at all for someone who is a beginner at coding to convert the data into a format that one can actually read (like a .csv file for example). I am using a W10 computer, have very little coding experience and also have time pressure to get the project requiring the open logger done. It would be super helpful if someone could provide a guide for dummy's to do such a conversion, to make a guide as explicit as possible, as if the reader knows nothing about code or how to use the data logging files.  I've looked on the 

I've looked at these links:

https://github.com/bdlow/dlog-utils-portable?_ga=2.38172064.2036154744.1576174201-622150909.1575884369

https://github.com/Digilent/dlog-utils

and this thread:

and things still aren't that clear. A proper tutorial (ideally video, or failing that with screenshots, failing that just well explained text) would be great.

Hello,

This is a repost of the material from another one of the Digilent engineers:

On 12/16/2019 at 10:59 AM, AndrewHolzer said:

To answer your more pressing question: no coding experience is needed in order to use the dlog-utils. Visit the link that James has given for the dlog-utils and click the link for Windows 64-bit to download the dlog-utils. If you are prompted to choose a place to save the download, choose the location where you have saved the log files on your W10 machine.

To use the dlog-utils you need to start Powershell by clicking the start menu and typing "powershell", and you should see something similar to the first image. Click the app icon to launch PowerShell.

You need to then navigate to the directory where you saved the logs and the dlog-utils.exe. I put mine in C:\Users\aholzer\logs so the second image shows what to type to do the navigation. Hit enter and Powershell will then be in the log folder.

From here you can run the dlog-utils to convert the dlogs into csv files. The third image shows what I would type to convert one of the logs, log.dlog, into a csv that contains the voltage values, voltages.csv. The name you specify for the log and the csv file will have to match what you have and want respectively.

The log files that the OpenLogger will put out for you will not need to be concatenated at all, so don't worry about following that portion of the guide.

If you have any further questions about how to use the dlog-utils, I will do my best to answer them. I'll see what needs to happen for a video clearly showing the use of the dlog-utils, but this write-up with images and my continued support are all I can provide at the moment. 

Thanks,
JColvin

powershell.png.e851b60d4acb449acad91ceea9162ed0.png

cd.png.8bf7c405c618f9c81cab3eee17c6eb44.png

dlog-utils.png.8dd282178ba49423fc09efeb78cae21b.png

Archived