Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy

ebilodeau

Question

I'm an electrochemist wondering if I can use the Analog Discovery to do impedance spectroscopy. I've ordered one to try out, but it hasn't arrived yet so I'm playing around with WaveForms 2015 software. I am no electrical engineer, so I have lots of questions.

The normal settings we use in electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (eis) are as follows:

Frequency range: 0.01-10,000Hz (1-10,000 probably ok), single sine wave to probe system: amplitude 10mV, use Nyquist (real/imag impedance) and Bode (freq vs impedance/ohm) plots to analyze the system. There are other settings such as wait time between frequencies, but I've found most of these in the WaveForms software.

This type of test is usually used in corrosion analysis on coated and uncoated metals. Expensive programs use circuit modeling to extract system parameters, but you can also do analysis just looking at high or low frequency impedance. My question: is there a way to get WaveForms software to display Bode plots with impedance in ohms directly? Or at all?

1 answer to this question

Archived