Real Analog Course

Hello All,

Had an Analog Discovery 2 for maybe a year, and I've found it very useful and fun to work with. Last couple of days, I finally noticed the Real Analog course materials and they're great. So I purchased the parts kit (not yet arrived) and began to study. However, I'm now trying to find out the location of the answers to the Homework Assignments. Does anyone know if they exist, and if so, where?

Great hardware and educational materials,

Roland

Hi @rprevost453@gmail.com,

Homework solutions for the Real Analog materials do exist (though they are all scanned copies of the original solutions made by the creator of the Real Analog materials, so Digilent has not gone through to verify the complete accuracy of all the solutions).

However, it is my understanding (I am verifying this) that only verified instructors/teachers will be able to get these solutions in the interest and spirit of helping maintain academic integrity for those are taking this as a course at a university. I do not know the policy of providing solutions to users who are going through the material on their own time without a formal setting, partially because of the reality that there is no real way to determine if this is actually true (or just a student pretending to do this on their own time) outside of the honor system, though again, this is just a guess on my part and not an answer. I have contacted our product manager responsible for the Real Analog material to get her thoughts on this, though they are out of the office this week at a conference, so it may be a few days before I hear back.

Thank you,
JColvin

Thanks very much for your kind attention to this.

Here's some additional information that might be relevant to the product manager.

I am a 65 year old retired instructor of C++ and Java Language at Ottawa's Algonquin College.

I've been retired for 5 years.

I've taken up a hobby in electronics, and got my HAM radio licence for Canada 3 years ago.

My HAM callsign is VE3WEF and can be checked online at the QRZ site for international HAM radio users.

I'm greatly enjoying this course, but would greatly benefit from checking my homework against (probable) right answers.

I would only use this for personal use (as I am no longer teaching) and at home. I would not share the answers,

as I understand those issues quite well.

As I said I've purchased both the AD2 and the parts kit (mostly chips) for this cours.

So if there's a way for me to get the homework answers that'd be great.

And if not, thanks so much for trying.

Best,

Roland Prevost

CANADA

Hi @rprevost453@gmail.com,

Thank you for information; the product manager is still at the conference so I haven't heard back as of yet (or at least haven't had a formal conversation with them), but even if that doesn't go through nicely, I'll work on making sure you receive the material regardless.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived