Openlogger DC Power supply - partially working

As you can tell from, my spate of messages, I'm playing with my OpenLogger - discovered this problem today:

I wanted to use one of the two DC power supplies.

• I set DCOUT1 to 1V and measured on the board with a multimeter. Nothing.
  • Turned it off and set DCOUT2 to 1V and measured. Nothing.
  • Left DCOUT2 set to 1V and measured on DCOUT1 and yes, 1V is there, but it shouldn't be :(

So, DCOUT1 on the interface is not working at all. DCOUT2 on the interface incorrectly directs output to DCOUT1 on the hardware.

Hi @sgrobler,

I tested with the latest available firmware (0.1691.0) and this is working for me. I measured DCOUT1 (set to 1.324 V on the red wire) and DCOUT2 (set to -2.750 V on the green wire) and referenced a digital ground (black wire) and found them to be accurate within a few millivolts. I was able to measure the changes with WFL either streaming or not streaming.

Are you measuring it in a similar way? What firmware are you using?

Thanks,
JColvin

I am using 0.1691.0. Instead of using the wires, I used the screw terminal adaptor. I was measuring between the DCOUT1 and GND terminal and between the DCOUT2 and GND terminals.

If I pull off the screw terminal adapter and use the Red and Green DCOUT wires instead, then I get the correct measurements. So it looks to me like screw terminal adaptor is faulty. Can you check your screw terminal adaptor? Mine says rev B on it.

Hi @sgrobler,

I have a revA of the Screw Terminal Adapter rather than a rev B, but I am able to measure the expected voltages on either DCOUT. I wasn't able to see a difference in the schematics between Rev A and Rev B, but have asked what the change was between the two revisions.

I imagine you already checked this, but in the interest of covering all of the bases, I presume you have attached the screw terminal adapter as shown in the images for it's associated reference manual?

Thanks,
JColvin

• 1 month later...

Archived