Scope Help Needed

CEC TriBots

Question

I am an educator who purchased the Analogy Discovery unit and the BNC Adaptor Board so that I could use the computer as an Oscilloscope and retire my aging and clunky oscilloscopes.  The problem I am having is that I can not figure out how to calibrate this new until.  I have read the instructions, I have had others (with electronics experience) come in and we are all scratching our heads.

I am not looking to do a lot of stuff with this, I just need to be able to hook the probe to a circuit and the see it on the scope.  Does anyone have any "plain Jane" instructions they could help me?  I teach 2 other courses during the day and the area that I need this scope in is only one component in my lab and so far it has taken more time than I really have to figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

The units are calibrated during factory test.

The user calibration can be performed using the Calibration Wizard opened from WaveForms (v2) main window, Device/Manager, after selecting "Show advanced features", with the Calibrate button. 
In WaveForms (v3) 2015 the Device Manager/Calibration can be opened from the Settings menu. https://reference.digilentinc.com/waveforms3
The calibration can be performed separately for Wavegen channels and Scope. To return to the factory calibration under Reset menu select Load factory.

For better calibration precision let the device to reach its normal operating temperature, Analog Discovery 40-45*C. To reach this before calibration, have it connected (selected from WaveForms) for 5-15 minutes.

Archived