Next generation Nexys Video Board?

Nexsen

Question

We have an application requiring buffering HDMI video to delay it and determined that we could do it with current FPGA's for 4K video but not 8K. It appears the Nexys Video board may be limited to 1080 video (based on the menu shown) and I see no spec for which HDMI version it supports (1.4 ?).  IS that the case and if so do you have a next generation board coming?  Is it even possible to buffer 8K video with today's FPGA's?

1 answer to this question

Hello @Nexsen,

The Nexys-Video board supports 2.25 Gbps signaling rate for up to 1080p resolutions and it is compatible with HDMI 1.3a. We never tested this card on higher resolutions. We are also working on a more powerful solution that will support higher resolutions, up to 4k from what I know, but right now I cannot give you more details. One idea would be to use an FMC-HDMI that supports HDMI 2.0. Please check TB-FMCH-HDMI4K from the fallowing link : https://solutions.inrevium.com/products/fmc/hpc/index.html. This card has an HP connector this is compatible with Genesys 2. In this way, probably you would be able to obtain up to to 4k resolutions. Personally I'm not aware of an FPGA board that supports 8k resolutions.  

Best Regards,

Bogdan Vanca 

Archived