PCAM 5C Petalinux support Zybo Z7-20

mmongu

Question

Hello everyone,

I am reading on the demo page that the development team is looking into using Xilinx IP and the Omnivision provided Linux drivers to provide another software option for the use of the Pcam 5C.

What is the status for that? 

For my application, I would like to bring up the Zybo Z7-20 with petalinux (2017.4) and control the camera from user space if possible. Anyone in the community has similar needs/experience to share?

Thanks in advance for your time. Regards.

m

4 answers to this question

@mmongu

Turns out the ov5640 Linux driver wasn't in a state to be working correctly, except for with a specific set of platforms (Pcam 5C not included). I've put together some patches to increase its compatibility and am working on getting them upstreamed. 

For now, I'm just going to add a branch on the Digilent linux repo that contains the necessary changes. Then I will push an update to the Zybo Z7-20 petalinux project to point at the newer kernel and that includes a demo for displaying video from the Pcam.

I should be done with this soon, I'm shooting for the end of the weekend. Don't hold me to that though, it may bleed into next week.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:07 PM, sbobrowicz said:

@mmongu

Turns out the ov5640 Linux driver wasn't in a state to be working correctly, except for with a specific set of platforms (Pcam 5C not included). I've put together some patches to increase its compatibility and am working on getting them upstreamed. 

For now, I'm just going to add a branch on the Digilent linux repo that contains the necessary changes. Then I will push an update to the Zybo Z7-20 petalinux project to point at the newer kernel and that includes a demo for displaying video from the Pcam.

I should be done with this soon, I'm shooting for the end of the weekend. Don't hold me to that though, it may bleed into next week.

Hi @sbobrowicz, I would like to know if you have any news about this thread, or if you have any advice in how can I make a Driver to use ov5640 on the Zybo Z7 and petalinux.

Thanks in advance

Archived