Wi-Fire WiFi issue

DeVolf

Question

Hello!

I bought mu Wifire board couple of month ago and expect to use it with NI LV LINX wia Wi-Fi. Here is topic about firmware https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=926 .

After long time rying to get Wi-Fi works i realise that even simple WiFi scan exaples didnt work.

Start of Sketch
WiFiScan 3.0
Digilent, Copyright 2014

Start WiFi Scan
Scan Failed

Status value: 268443650
End of Sketch

Then i spend some time for digging 268443650 Error, but no luck. Only one topic about uc32 with faulty SPI.

BTW i have checked SD card slot, and it works fine. So i need to check SPI4 and WiFi board to find out what happend.

I tried to use 27 and 26 debug pin of WiFi, according to MRF24 manual, but there is nothing. WiFi board powered up but keep silent.

11 answers to this question

I have found that there are a lot of issues with the wifi libraries depending the version of the library and MPIDE.  It can be a little bit of a nightmare.  

I just checked the latest ChipKIT core, to see if it works or not.  The WifiScan ran perfectly on for me on the Wi-Fire.  I suggest installing the latest Arduino IDE and install the chipKIT core.  

Instructions can be found here: http://chipkit.net/wiki/index.php?title=ChipKIT_core

Best of Luck,

Marshall

1 minute ago, mwingerson said:

Thanks for your answer, Marshal.

I already have tried this kind of solution couple of weeks ago.

Also i think that problem can be issued by different board or chip version.

Kindly regards.

Still nothing for me, in arduino IDE i got same error as in MPIDE.

And i still don't check my wifi module on other SPI port.

I only understand that i need inboard programer and try to write wi-fi program using harmony

ok, let me see if I can find what the error or status means.  

What do you mean by "And I still don't check my wifi module on other SPI port"?

As for, "I only understand that i need inboard programer and try to write wi-fi program using harmony"

You are programming through the USB port which can talk to the PIC32 during boot up.  So you do not need an external programmer unless you damage the bootloader on the PIC.  You shouldn't need Harmony at all for this.  Harmony is a different implementation and a different IDE.  

I know that board can be programed through MPLAB X using only USB cable and bootloader that already installed. But if i chose wrong inker script, a i can break my bootloader.
actually i didnt find wright one ld file in MPIDE folder for PIC32MZ2048ECG100...
so i probably think that trouble in wifi module, a checked microchip forum and cant find any files and guides about flashing wi-fi module. And i also tried internal board debug, but it say's nothing.
and also i wanna try to huck up wi-fi board to another SPI port, but for a now it's doesn't matter.

I think my board isn't return eligible due resoldering of wi-fi module, cause i afraid that problam in soldering. 

Archived