Vardhan

Question

1 answer to this question

Dear Vardhan,

You definitely could measure 300 volts using a homemade voltage divider. I would recommend against doing it until you are sure you know what you are doing. There are a couple things you will have to consider before making the decision to use a voltage divider. Whether your system is running DC or AC will help you determine what components you will need. You'll need to be cautious of what resistors and other components you use. If you use smaller resistors you will be getting a very large power out put which could fry your set up. There are a lot of different ways to measure high voltage. Explore some of the other options out there and then make the decision. It'll be best to do that to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of multiple options before making a decision. I did find a handy little website where someone used an arduino to measure 300 volts. I hope this helps a bit. I would try poking around the Instructables website to see what other people have made to help you with your idea. If you have any more questions we're happy to help.

Best Regards,

Bobby

Archived