AD2 - Pink Noise? Log a frequency response while doing a sweep?

Pinebox

Question

Hello everyone, I just got my AD2 and it is pretty cool. I am having a little trouble being that I have no formal education with EE and I am working with only audio gear at this time. My education is limited, but I am hoping there is a way to do this that I am just not understanding.

My first, easiest question, is there a way to get the Wavegen to produce pink noise?

Secondly, I am trying to figure out if I can do a frequency sweep from 20hz to 20khz and then have a graph of the response over time in this software. Ideally it would be something like the attached photo. I have figured out if I set the sweep up from 20hz to 20khz in 2 minutes, damp to 2v in 1ns it sounds the most like a nice clean sweep. I can then watch it on the scope, but is there a log I can see after the fact? Is there anything like this in Waveforms? It would be huge if it was possible, but I am not holding my breath. Thank you!

MK4 Frequency Response Curve.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hi @Pinebox

I think you are looking for the Network Analyzer instrument of the WaveForms application.
This creates Bode plot by doing frequency sweep with Wavegen. By default Scope channel 2 magnitude/phase is relative to channel 1. This, in idea that you connect ch1 to your circuit input and ch2 to output, so bode plot will characterise your circuit.

The Wavegen can generate white noise, random data with specified update rate.
For pink noise you could use external low pass filter or load custom waveform with such pink noise data.

Hi @Pinebox,

To answer the other question you had, you will also be able to export the data you collected from whatever tool you just used in WaveForms by going to File>Export where you can get the option of getting all the data points as well as a image capture of what's on the screen.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived