[Help]. Digilent FMC with Zedboard Designing Architecture

delfy

Question

Dear sirs,

I have just bought a new HDMI-FMC from digilent.

I wanna to connect it to zedboard (Zynq ZC702) to read real-time video and display.

The diagram likes:

HDMI camera --> FMC --> Zedboard --> HDMI output --> Screen.

But, there is not any reference design for that.

I found FMC has 2 HDMI input port, one uses ADV7611 and another uses AD8195.

Can you give me some advices about the reference design or architecture that I can use to solve that work.

Thank you very much!

Delfy

12 answers to this question

Hi,

unfortunately @delfy ist not responding. I'm also trying to implement a Video passthrough with the FMC-HDMI and a Xilinx Zyng Board.

That reference design is for a different FMC board that contains an ADV7611, so it should be a good starting point for the FMC board that you bought.

I have tried to use that reference design but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I have changed the constrains to match the pins for Digilent FMC-Card and im getting the information of my source (PC: 1920x1080). But the output monitor stays off. I also changed the constrains for the ADV7511 on the zc702 to match the pin mapping in the User Guide (UG850 (v1.5)).

Do i have to change something in my HW-Design?

Can anybody help?

What carrier board are you using? Zedboard?

Just to be clear, you have the demo project running and are successfully receiving video data from the ADV7611, but are not able to transmit it? If you can get me your Vivado project, I might be able to take a peak at it.

On 29. Januar 2016 at 10:21 PM, sbobrowicz said:

What carrier board are you using? Zedboard?

Just to be clear, you have the demo project running and are successfully receiving video data from the ADV7611, but are not able to transmit it? If you can get me your Vivado project, I might be able to take a peak at it.

I'm using the zc702. Yes the demo Project running and in the TeraTerm Output I receiving the Video data.

I have added a second IIC to control the ADV7511 on the board and the no-OS API from Analog Devices for the configuration (reference design ADV7511). I also tried the configuration with the iicwrite-functions in the demo project.

For some reason the Input Video data are only detected when I plug in the HDMI during the "HDMI Input Initialization" (no HDP?).

With the no-OS API I'm also getting the EDID from the Output Monitor but the Monitor still stays off. I dont know what I'm doing wrong?

I PM you the Vivado Project.

Thank you.

It is possible that HPD is not implemented as a software interrupt, in which case input video might not re-initialize on-the-fly. Do you program an EDID into the ADV7611? How do you know, you are receiving video from the input? Is it the resolution and color format you are expecting? Are you configuring the output (ADV7511) with the same settings?

You need to provide more information, if you want a more helpful answer. Generally, I suggest using logic analyzer to scope signals of interest. You should be able to see where does the video stream get blocked. Reading the status registers of both the encoder and decoder also helps.

Archived