Text Material for a Circuits 2 Course (Similar to Real Analog - Circuits 1 files)

Mikey

Question

I am considering using the Analog Discovery and / or the Electronics Explorer for both Circuits 1 and Circuits 2 Labs.  These Labs would be required Labs to accompany Circuits 1 and Circuits 2 courses.  In the interest of saving the students money and providing them a low cost Text Book option for the courses, I’m wondering if anyone has a recommendation for material for a Circuits 2 course.  To back up, material for a Circuits 1 class is on Digilent’s web site in the form of 12 pdf files.  These 12 pdf files have in their title “Real Analog – Circuits 1” and constitute 12 Chapters which would suffice for a Circuits 1 course.  Personally, I feel these 12 Chapters would indeed be respectable for a Circuits 1 course.   Thus, the question is; Does anyone have a recommendation for course materials for a Circuits 2 course as for example pdf files similar to the “Real Analog Circuits -1” files that are on Digilent’s web site?

2 answers to this question

Hi can you tell us what topics will be included in Circuits2?

Alex,  my apologies for not getting back sooner.  Listed below would be the Circuits 2 lecture topics.  Basically it would be the material for a classical Circuits 2 Semester.  A number of text books have been used in the past.  There are numerous suitable texts available, however the interest here is in saving the students money so they.

• Transformers: non-ideal, ideal, reflected impedance
  • Transient circuit analysis: ckt analysis → differential eqn;
    soln of first-order diff eqn, unforced and forced
  • Transient circuit analysis: higher-order circuits.
  • Transient circuit analysis: general forcing functions,
    relation to phasor solution.
  • Transient circuit analysis: numerical solutions.
  • Laplace transform: definition, examples, properties; steps,
    ramps, impulses, derivatives, integrals; application to
    differential equations.
  • Laplace transform: inverse Laplace transform, Final Value & Initial Value Theorem, 
    partial fraction decomposition.
  • Laplace transform analysis: ckt analysis → transfer fn,, forms of f(t) and poles of F(s)
  • Laplace transform analysis: initial condition models,
    impulse response, convolution.
  • Frequency response: interpretation, phasors again,
    logarithmic scales, decibels, first-order factors.
  • Frequency response: second-order factors.
  • Filter analysis, specification, and design.
  • Fourier series (Ch 17)? Two-port networks.

Archived