Arty Z7 No Target with ID 64 in the System

anzunden

Question

Hi, I've got some error while trying to download .elf file to Arty z7-7020. The error I get is like this

An internal error occurred during: "Launching New_configuration".
No Target with ID 64 in the System

ERROR    : Unexpected error while launching program.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to download ELF file

AP transaction error (DP CTRL_STAT=0xf0000021)
    Error Address = 0x00100000, Size = 0x00000004

at com.xilinx.sdk.targetmanager.internal.TM.downloadELF(TM.java:686)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.debug.core.internal.AppRunner.run(AppRunner.java:129)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.debug.core.XilinxAppLaunchConfigurationDelegate.runApplication(XilinxAppLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:637)

I've follow some solution in other forum such as set the initialization file ps7_init.tcl and check to run the ps7_init, and I've check the JP4 jumper to set the operation mode (set as JTAG, or sometimes as QSPI) but the problem still persist.

For the design I run, I only use ZYNQ7 processing system to run the hello_word application example. Why can this happen? plz help

2 answers to this question

Hi @anzunden,

What OS are you running? What version of Vivado? I was not able to reproduce your issue. I would suggest to try the getting started with zynq tutorial for the zybo here. It works for the Arty-Z7-20 as well. I was able to generate a bitstream and program the board in sdk. When setting up the project select the arty-Z7-20 instead of the zybo and the switches light up led0 and led1 instead of the led4 and led5 that is directly above the switches. Otherwise the tutorial works exactly the same. When assigning the gpio to the switchs choose the swts_2bits instead of swts_4bits which is what is on the tutorial on section 4.3. I also attached my working project done in Vivado 2016.4 as well as a picture of my arty for reference with the jumpers below.

cheers,

Jon

Arty-Z7_hello_world_1.zip

arty-z7-20.zip

Hi @jpeyron, thanks for answering.

I've solved the problem, there is wrong configuration on the ZYNQ processing system IP.

Before using Arty Z7, I'm using ZYBO. There are some differences between them, The ZYBO DDR bus width is 32 bit, whereas Arty Z7 DDR bus width is 16 bit. So after I made some configuration editing, to change the bus width from 32 bit to 16 bit, like the figure I attached, the application program can run. My fault is I'm not using the preset board setting when running the ZYNQ PS IP block automation.

Thank you

Arty Z7 DRAM Bus Width.JPG

Archived