How to restore FT2232 EEPROM back to factory settings?

mixsemi

Question

Hi Everyone,

Just accidentally flashed the EEPROM attached to the FT2232 device on the Arty. The board is dead without the USB connection. Been using for 2 months without issues until today.

In Vivado it is showing:

"ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-469] There is no current hw_target.". 

when trying to Auto Connect with the target in Hardware Manager.

Within FT_Prog (FTDI's flash tool), the registers (e.g. serial number, vendor ID, D2XX/VCP driver ...) can all be read and modified. How can it be restored back to Digilent factory setting? Is there an FT_Prog template that we can use?

Thanks,

Robin

Hi @Felippe,

Unfortunately, that particular Xilinx board, at least as far as I am able to determine from the VCU129 User Guide and BOM, does not use a Digilent JTAG programming solution. Correspondingly, Digilent does not have the ability nor image to restore the default state of the EEPROM; you will need to reach out to Xilinx for assistance on restoring functionality.

If Xilinx is able to help you out, if you could let us know how that went in this thread so future users have a paper trail to follow for their own efforts, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hi,

I'm having the same exact problem as @mixsemi i accidentally erased EEPROM attached to the FT2232 device on the Arty.

i used the FT_PROG utility provided by the FTDI (http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#FT_PROG) to change the driver from "Virtual Com Port" to "D2XX Direct" to test an application that i am developing in my ARTY board.

After that my arty is no longer recognized by Vivado hw manager. It's state remains unconnected while arty is plugged and all power leds are ON.

Before using the FT_Prog utility arty was working perfect in Vivado.

In the Device Manager of windows i can see two USB serial converters A & B while i think before using the FT_Prog it was Digilent USB converter or something like that.

Is there something i can do to fix this?

BR,

skakon

PS1: i had followed the solutions provided here without success