Board Name of DT302

patrick_

Question

Hello,

I use two DT302 boards in a windows 10 PC and need to read the boardnames of both boards with LabVIEW 2022 to get the values of both analog inputs channels.

With the sample LV-Link3 VI "DtOLGetBoard.vi" it is possible to read the board names but unfortunately I figured out that the names of the second board have changed after restarting the PC (changing between DT302(02) and DT302(03)).

image.png.4a7e7eff0dfd60d140c75c5b866f2680.png

How do I change the names of the boards and use it in LabVIEW?

I want to use names like "Board1" and "Board2".

My other question is why do I get 15 as a SerialNumber? For me this value is not valid.

With the first board I get the same SerialNumber as when I use the second board as Board Name parameter, also the Task out didn´t change.

image.png.93ac548a64a5c8fdda4c18f850fba778.png

In the Open Layers Protocol Panel the two boards look like this.

Here I am not able to change the names of the boards.

image.png.08836c65281f654685cbfff063df6459.png

Can someone please help me with this?

1 answer to this question

Hello @patrick_.

Right click on C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DTOLCPL.cpl file to select 'Run as administrator'.  Once in the Data Acquisition Control Panel applet, select a device and click the Edit Name button to change the device name.  The DT-Open Layer Name will appear in applications such as QuickDAQ, LabVIEW, and DASYLab.

PCI Data Translation boards do not show an ID in this applet, only USB devices will have an ID.  Also, I don't believe the ID should be N/A.  If you notice an issue with that board when used in LabVIEW, then there may be an issue with that board.  Do you have other DT302 boards with a N/A ID?

Regards,

Fausto