Data transfer between FPGA boards using FMC

Marco73it

Question

I am trying to transfer data between two FPGA boards (Genesys 2 by Digilent and KC705 by Xilinx) using the FMC port. If we look at the constraint files of the two FPGA (files attached), we see that: for the KC705 board there are 34 differential signals designated as HPC-LA, 24 differential signals designated as HPC-HA, and 34 differential signals designated as LPC-LA. For the Genesys 2 card there are 24 differential signals designated as HA, 22 differential signals designated as HB, and 34 differential signals designated as LA. I imagine that HPC-LA of KC705 corresponds to LA of Genesys 2 and HPC-HA of KC705 corresponds to HA of Genesys 2. However, it remains to be understood how the 22 differential HB signals of Genesys 2 map onto the 34 differential LPC-LA signals of KC705 . Furthermore, reading the constraint files it can be seen how the signals of the KC705 FMC port are of the LVCMOS25 type (therefore with a voltage level of 2.5V), while the same signals for the Genesys 2 board are of the LVCMOS12 type (therefore with a voltage level of 1.2 V). This would make me think that the two FMC ports cannot be connected together, because the signal level is different. However, both boards mount a FPGA of the same family (Kintex-7). Anyone has an idea about how to proceed?

Thanks.

KC705.xdc Genesys-2-Master.xdc

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet