Reference design for PCAM on Zybo 7010 woes

unixux

Question

For a while now, I'm trying to get official Digilent PCAM demo application+RTL to work on a Zybo 7010. I've tried different PCAMs, cables and even boards. I've tried every available release (yes I installed almost every Vivado+Vitis version for this). The end result is always same : a static image of mostly black with random interspersed grey pattern. 

Attaching ILA shows that while there is AXI data flow downstream around HDMI TX, everything upstream closer to MIPI CSI RX RTL is inactive. 

However, PCAM is able to identify itself properly (0x56 0x40) and returns every register value which match with the sensor sheet. 

I've seen numerous other reports of same nature, but never a resolution. All reports that I've seen complain about Zybo 7010, not 7020. That may be a lead or just the reality of Zybo buyers mostly owning a lower end board. 

Any help will be very much appreciated. 

ILA_PCAM_1.png

Edited by unixux
typo

1 answer to this question

unixux,

Not much to say from the screenshots as I have myself never used this demo.

I would try investiagte as to why the VALID-READY handshake does not happen at the mipi_csi AXI stream. Because if the handshake does not happen, you would never have TDATA.