FDwfAnalogOutNodePlayInfo not documented in WaveForms™ SDK Reference Manual

Meindert Norg

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Attilla, 
I'm trying to use funcCustomPattern to indefinitely play back a (previously recorded) noise signal (5 sec at 6 MHz), but I'm doing something wrong in my python script. I attached my code which (if I remember correctly) started with AnalogOut_Custom.py.

Do you happen to have a good example of how to do this? 

I'm also trying to understand what the difference is between these 4 AnalogOut functions:

• funcCustomPattern - 28 - Generate waveform from custom repeated data with fixed sample rate.
  • funcPlayPattern - 29 - Generate waveform from custom data in stream play style with fixed sample rate.
  • funcCustom - 30 - Generate waveform from custom repeated data.
  • funcPlay - 31 - Generate waveform from custom data in stream play style.

When I google this, I learn that:

• 'Play' means "pre-defined or standard waveform patterns, such as sine waves, square waves, triangle waves, sawtooth waves, and others." and that 
  • 'Custom' means "This function allows you to define your own custom waveform pattern by specifying individual data points or samples."

However, in the example you provided me in  https://forum.digilent.com/topic/29985-glitch-in-playback-at-1-mhz/#comment-91414 you are actually generating the sine data in .py and then using the funcPlay to output it on ch1, which is identical to funcCustom in the description above. 

Moreover, when using funcPlay, what is the difference between setting the FDwfAnalogOutRepeatSet to repeat 0x (indefinitely) and using funcPlauPattern?

Thank you.  

Meindert