CAN Bus improvement

Hesidios

Question

Hi, 

I am learning with Analog Discovery 3 and when using WaveForms for CAN Bus communication I am missing some features. For example, I cannot switch from HEX to decimal or binary message data. Is it possible to switch the format? 

Next is protocol reading by analog input. I want to see the signal on an analog scope and be able to decode it. Now I have to use secondary digital input to do this how it looks in their SW.

You can inspire in Picoscope SW, where they have these functions and it works well. Displaying binary decoding is also good for diagnostics in analog window. Better can message overview is aslo used there with message splitting into separate pieces (ID, RTR, DLC, ...). 

Thank you for your reply and some ideas.

6 answers to this question

Hi @Hesidios,

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate section of the Forum where the WaveForms developer will be able to see your feedback.

In terms of the second point (protocol reading by analog input), this has been available in WaveForms for awhile. You can see an example of it in use here:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Hesidios

With WaveForms you can enable Digital (embedded Logic Analyzer) in Scope, interpret digital and digitized analog signals.
The Protocol tool allows you to transmit and intercept communication.
Next version will add data format options.

image.png