About the MCC 172 DAQ HAT sensor selection

ninamihalios

Question

Hello Technical Engineer, I am now facing a hardware problem about the MCC 172 DAQ HAT, because I am new to the hardware, this is a project task, I need to use it to measure the vibration signal when the bearing is rotated. Our laboratory used a good data logger, pressure sensor and accelerometer, which are all magnetic and adsorbed at the position that needs to be measured. But I never got to know the sensor in depth, and I didn't know which one to choose to connect with the MCC 172. I saw an article before, it uses 805-0500 TO5-3 accelerometer, I bought it back and found that it can't be measured, I have set up this aspect of the environment, and the web server can enter normally, but after clicking 'start', there is no map, and the signal cannot be collected. Later, I found out that the power supply voltage of this accelerometer is more than 18V, and the power supply of Raspberry Pi is 3.3V-5V. I would like to ask if you can help me solve this problem and provide me with a specific model of accelerometer, or a sensor with it, thank you very much!

5 answers to this question

Hello @ninamihalios.

The MCC 172 supports two IEPE accelerometers, with an IEPE compliance voltage of 23 V max and an IEPE excitation current of 4.0 mA min.

https://files.digilent.com/datasheets/DS-MCC-172.pdf

https://mccdaq.github.io/daqhats/_static/esmcc172.pdf

The 805-0500 specifications appear to be inline with the MCC 172 specifications.

https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-805-0500.datasheet.pdf

Did you use the 10 mV/g sensitivity spec (or the actual spec provided on the manufacturer's certificate) in the MCC 172 web server example?

Verify the wiring connections to the leads on the accelerometer.

Regards,

Fausto

17 hours ago, Fausto said:

@FaustoHello Mr. Fausto, thank you very much for replying to me, the sensor model I use is 805-0500-01, it comes with bolts, so I bought a magnetic device, it is the same as the 805-0500 in terms of parameters. My problem is that after clicking 'start', the code will also give an error, and I will show you the detailed picture.

5ac148e9c6954e429d49b6d850bf3f3.png

a7bd8da77e6f6a922703d45241ee6a8.jpg

cd8a5e950d0c0386e2cca5ec5acbcce.jpg

ead84c0f0de3bf636763bc48a8071bd.png

Hello @ninamihalios.

Which Raspberry Pi module and Raspbian OS are you using?  Run the command cat /etc/os-release.

Which daqhat library do you have installed?  Run the command daqhats_version.

Does the MCC 172 Python example, continuous_scan.py, work without prompting an error?

Be sure to close the MCC DAQ HAT Manager - MCC 172 Control Panel applet before launching the MCC 172 web server example.  Only one example should access the board at any given time.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello@FaustoI now close the control panel applet,Only open the web server,The signal curve can be depicted,Then I pause the web server,Run continuous_scan.py this script file,There seems to be a problem with the operation,I don't understand what the reason is,Is the web server in the open state,And then to execute this script to succeed? I also have a question about how I can transfer the curves to my computer and analyze them in software.

7d96ead6a44c651c006312165b52037.png

8eea69d48065b4933579c248491e9f7.png

27abc8c4ed5b5f0b95e9235f432f91a.png

ae340a5fb7c6d1f784fb1274662f2ef.png

@FaustoHello engineer, the signal map I got after measuring the data in real time, the ordinate range is about -1.5-1.5. When I shut down the web server, executed the csv file after fft_scan the script file, and imported the first column of time data data into MATLAB, the graph obtained was very different from the real-time measurement, the amplitude was reduced by ten times, I changed the sampling frequency in the script file to the same as the sampling frequency monitored by the website, but the sample size was different, I wanted to ask why the difference between the waveform spectrum displayed after importing MATLAB and the website monitoring is so large.

微信图片_20240926163812.png

微信图片_20240926163820.png