Compatibility Issues with MCC Boards and SPI Sensor on Raspberry Pi

Samuel Alpha Gian

Question

Hello everyone,

I am using MCC Board models 172 and 128 on my Raspberry Pi for a project. I have recently attempted to integrate a digital sensor that communicates via SPI. Unfortunately, I've encountered what appears to be a conflict that affects the performance of both the sensor and the MCC boards when they are used simultaneously.

Technical Details:

MCC Boards: 172 and 128

Sensor: Digital, communicates over SPI

Raspberry Pi Model: Raspberry pi 4 model B

Questions:

Has anyone experienced similar issues with using SPI-based devices alongside MCC boards on a Raspberry Pi?

What are the best practices for managing multiple devices on the same Raspberry Pi to avoid conflicts, particularly involving SPI?

Are there specific configurations or modifications to the board setup that could prevent these issues?

I am looking for any advice or suggestions on how to manage these devices together without interference. Insights from those who have navigated similar challenges would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Hello @Samuel Alpha Gian.

As noted in the MCC DAQ HAT Hardware Compatibility section of the hardware's documentation, MCC DAQ HATS are generally not compatible with any other brand of Raspberry Pi HAT or add-on board that attaches to the GPIO header, or devices that use the Raspberry Pi SPI interface and prevent the DAQ HATs from working.  

MCC 128 Specifications

MCC 172 Specifications

Regards,

Fausto