USB-2416-4AO DI/O Support for Python

smann

Question

Hi below is my simplified code reading the live value of AI3 a position sensor. The issue I am seeing is in the code I am unable to use ULRange.UNI10VOLTS as it is not supported, I tried ULRange.BIP10VOLTS in the code. The issue with Bipolar is the -10 to 10 range doesnt match the position sensors 0-10V range so it is showing minus values instead of the correct positive 0-10 values. 

Is there a way to check why my code is not showing the same value as instacal. Instacal shows the signal the best, very steady signa; while Daqami has somewhat steady signal and my code shows not steady signal and is negative. It is weird how instacal and daqami show different steadiness. 

Any idea why my position sensor code is only letting me use BIP10VOLTS and not UNI10VOLTS. I think if i am able to use the correct 0-10V it will fix the negative value seen and the variation. 

a_in_scan_file_2416_Rev13_lvit_testing.py

1 answer to this question

Hello @smann.

The USB-2416-4AO supports bipolar voltage modes for the analog input channels; no unipolar range support.  If your position sensor generates an output signal within the 0-10V range, then the USB-2416-4AO will display values within the 0-10 V range.  

image.png

Your code sets the analog input channel mode to single-ended mode.  Please verify your wiring between the position sensor and the USB-2416-4AO. 

Were InstaCal and DAQami configured for differential or single-ended inputs?

Regards,

Fausto