Drivers issue with Windows 10 update.

bear-witness

Question

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a Basys 3 board to start on some side projects. Did a first installation on windows last week of the vivado and vitis toolset, and averything went quite smoothly. Could synthesize, implement, generate the bitstream, and program the board nicely with a hello_world project. 

Now, after a Windows update, my machine stopped recognizing the board, it has the same behaviour of when I did not install the drivers; so I'm thinking this is a drivers thing due to the OS update.

For the record, the updates that were done are: "Security Update for Microsoft Windows", "Update for Microsoft Windows" and one "Servicing Stack". Any chance someone may now if one of this updates may have broken the drivers?

Some more information on the issue: I am using vivado 2023.2, I already tried to remove and re-install vivado and the whole toolset. Also tried to remove and reinstall the driver but the command on [this](https://docs.amd.com/r/2023.2-English/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license/Uninstall-Cable-Drivers) page does not seem to work. My machine does not have the wdreg utility.

On a related topic, I have a linux machine, but it has really low specs, on the order of a raspberry pi 3 or even less. Can I install just the drivers in this new machine without the whole vivado, for via-ssh programming of the device? This would be a resonable option for me.

Thanks in advance,

Santiago.

Edited by bear-witness

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet