Why does DAQami not start?

BillySugger

Question

I need to do some extended testing starting this weekend.  Asked my client to purchase a Digilent DAQ USB-201 to data log system operation over several days use, starting tomorrow and running over this weekend and next week.  All I want is five voltage values logged periodically, every 10 seconds will do.  Nothing difficult.

Downloaded and installed DAQami version 4.2.1 on an up-to-date Win 11 Dell laptop.  Restarted when requested.  When I run the DAQami app I get a splash screen for about 2-3 seconds, then it disappears.  I get no user interface and no taskbar entry for the app.  I have tried a number of options: running as administrator; running with and without USB target connected; restarting Windows; checking task manager (no DAQami or MCC related services seem to be running).

I do run Norton 360, but that always notifies me if it interrupts anything.  As an exercise, I did disable all protections temporarily but DAQami still won't run.

All I need is for the software to actually do something, so I can get on with the testing my client requires.  Beginning to think I made a terrible mistake buying a lemon here.  Please someone, preferably from MCC (who otherwise seem uninterested in providing any kind of support), can you help me get this going?

2 answers to this question

Hello @BillySugger.

Please download and install the current version of InstaCal v6.74.  Connect the USB-201 device and launch InstaCal.  Close InstaCal after it has detected the device and then launch DAQami.

If the issue continues, the problem may be a corrupt setup file.  Use Windows' File Explorer to browse to the 'C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Measurement Computing\' directory. There you should find a file called daqami.mcfg.  Rename this file to daqami.bak and then restart DAQami.  Let me know what happens.

Regards,

Fausto

On 8/22/2024 at 10:57 PM, Fausto said:

Hello @BillySugger.

Please download and install the current version of InstaCal v6.74.  Connect the USB-201 device and launch InstaCal.  Close InstaCal after it has detected the device and then launch DAQami.

If the issue continues, the problem may be a corrupt setup file.  Use Windows' File Explorer to browse to the 'C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Measurement Computing\' directory. There you should find a file called daqami.mcfg.  Rename this file to daqami.bak and then restart DAQami.  Let me know what happens.

Regards,

Fausto

Many thanks.  I downloaded and installed InstaCal and DAQami worked immediately, without running InstaCal.  It seems that the DAQami installation is missing one or more key components and doesn't run stand-alone.  Thanks for your help.