Need DAQ Solution for Converting SSI and Analog Signals to USB

TENDJOU Thomas

Question

Hello,

I’m working on a project that requires the simultaneous conversion of SSI (Synchronous Serial Interface) and analog signals to USB. We are currently using a specific signal conversion board, but it has become difficult to source, and we are looking for a reliable and industrial alternative.

Our main project requirements are:

• Conversion of SSI and analog signals to USB.
  • The system needs to be robust, compact, and suitable for an industrial environment.
  • A modular or all-in-one solution would be ideal to simplify integration into our application.

I would like to know if MCC offers a module or a combination of DAQ modules that could meet these criteria. Any specific product recommendations or configurations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,
TENDJOU Thomas

3 answers to this question

Hello @TENDJOU Thomas.

To recommend a hardware and software solution, kindly share more information, needs, and requirements of your application.

On 8/20/2024 at 4:26 AM, TENDJOU Thomas said:

SSI (Synchronous Serial Interface) and analog signals to USB

Please provide specifications of each signal.

What have you used for a software application?

Digilent offers a variety of 'test and measurement' and 'data acquisition' hardware and software.

Regards,

Fausto

https://digilent.com/shop/distributors/

Hello @Fausto,

Thank you for your response and for offering your assistance. I appreciate the help. Below, I have provided the detailed specifications for the signals we are working with and the requirements for our application.

1. SSI (Synchronous Serial Interface) Signal Specifications:

• Interface Type: Differential output according to RS422/RS485.
  • Bit Rate: Up to 1.0 MBaud.
  • Signal Format: 25-bit frame, binary coding.
  • Operating Frequency: 500 to 3700 Hz depending on the measurement range.
  • Power Supply: 24VDC.
  • Operating Conditions: Temperature range of -40 °C to +75 °C, 90% relative humidity, non-condensing.

2. Analog Signal Specifications:

• Signal Type: Voltage or current signals (e.g., 0-10V or 4-20mA).
  • Resolution: Typically 12 to 16 bits depending on the input type.
  • Power Supply: 10-30VDC.
  • Operating Conditions: Temperature range of -20 °C to +85 °C.

3. Application Requirements:

• We are looking for a robust and reliable DAQ solution capable of handling both SSI and analog signals, with a USB output interface for easy integration with our existing systems.
  • The solution must be suitable for industrial environments, taking into account the operating conditions mentioned above.

4. Software Application:

• Currently, I do not have specific information on the software application used. I am in the process of consulting with my team to gather this information.

Any suggestions or recommendations for compatible hardware and software solutions that meet these requirements would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your support.

Best regards,
TENDJOU Thomas

Hello @TENDJOU Thomas.

Thank you for your detailed specifications.

Digilent does not offer a device that satisfies your required operating temperature conditions, without using some type of enclosure.

As for a daq solution, take a look at the ADP2230 and ADP3450WaveForms is the out-of-box software application, but the WaveForms SDK API allows custom application development with LabVIEW and several programming languages.

Regards,

Fausto