Accessing the USB-231 API

mll

Question

I have a MCC DAQ that's a USB-231 and I'm currently trying to communicate with the device through the API. I'm using VS code in python and I'm currently trying to run the examples provided in the Universal library mcculw. However whenever I run any example it always gives me the error message like this board is not compatible with this code or this function cannot be used with this board. I'm wondering what I need to change to have my device be accessible through the API?

5 answers to this question

Hello @mll.

Please verify connectivity of the USB-231 device to your Windows system using InstaCal.  The UL Help shows the supported functions for the USB-231.   

image.png

The ULx examples are generic to cover many of our daq products, but some examples may need a tweak.  Which example did you test?  The USB-231 will work with the 'ULAI06.py' example.  Reply with screen captures if the combination does not work.

image.png

Which versions of Windows, InstaCal, and Python are you using?

Regards,

Fausto

2 minutes ago, Fausto said:

Hello @mll.

Please verify connectivity of the USB-231 device to your Windows system using InstaCal.  The UL Help shows the supported functions for the USB-231.   

image.png

The ULx examples are generic to cover many of our daq products, but some examples may need a tweak.  Which example did you test?  The USB-231 will work with the 'ULAI06.py' example.  Reply with screen captures if the combination does not work.

image.png

Which versions of Windows, InstaCal, and Python are you using?

Regards,

Fausto

I'm using Windows 10, python 3.12 and the instcal 6.74 versions. My device is correctly registered in Instacal as the LED turns on and I can see various other features on my device. I've uploaded an image of what happens when I run "DaqDevDiscovery01.py" and I get this error when I try to run DaqOutScan01.py (see the second screenshot). I'm just wondering why I'm getting this error and how can I fix it to be compatible with the USB-231?

Screenshot 2024-08-14 114057.png

Screenshot 2024-08-14 114247.png

Hello @mll.

The USB-231 is not compatible with the 'DaqOutScan01' example.  Refer to the list of supported functions on the USB-230 Series in the UL Help as I included in my previous post.

The 'DaqDevDiscovery01.py' example does detect your device, but error 41 is related to the Flash LED button.  The USB-231 does not support the 'flash_led()' function.

Regards,

Fausto

Can this device support a 5 microsecond sampling rate? I'm currently attempting to alter the ULAI06 code to sample faster but I keep getting an error saying invalid sampling rate.